Yes, Thanksgiving is over and that means that we can now listen to christmas music and make fudge and put up the tree! We had a very nice Thanksgiving holiday at Shan's, Aunt Kathy and Robyn came and it was so good to see them and visit with them! It was such a nice day.
On Friday, we bundled up the kiddos and took them downtown to see the Christmas Parade and Lighting show. It was extremely cold, but so much fun. We met at the some friend's house and had hot chocolate, and then headed to the parade to see Santa! It was so nice to have that small town community feeling again, everyone talking to each other, big "rigs" and work trucks decked out in Christmas lights..... Brady and I laughed because the second night we were here we went for pizza at Papa Murphy's, and everyone who came in for pizza was dressed in Carhardts, flannel and workboots---and it was so refreshing and familier!
Anyway, after the parade we headed over to the resort and watched the amazing fireworks and all the beautiful Christmas lights come on.
We're planning on taking a walk along the boardwalk and seeing all the lights sometime in the next few weeks. Hmmm.... then maybe we'll stop in for some hot chocolate.......
Ahh, Christmas is my favorite time of year!
We're so thankful to grandma and grandpa for letting us borrow their home for a few months while we settle in. We love you guys!
We're hoping for snow this week, supposedly tomorrow night is the night! The boots and snowsuits are ready and waiting...
Love to all!
Manly
1 month ago
3 Comments:
Welcome, welcome home, family. I'll see if I can talk Nate into coming to visit you sometime.
Lots of love,
Cousin Hal
Glad you are home and getting comfortabe. Yeah, I miss CDA a little bit.
I have my "house" decorated. It took me all of an hour. We have been turning the heater on at night. Gee...
Love you guys and miss you like crazy.
GG
Hey Lani and Brady,
I finally made it to your blog! GREAT Pictures! I miss you guys so much! However, I am glad that you are happy to be "home". Sometimes we don't know what we have until we no longer have it; it is then that we begin to appreciate. I am proud that you had the courage to sacrifice so much to try something new. Most people don't have that courage. It was a big move. I think you gained a lot of knowledge and wisdom in that experience. My prayer is always that no matter where you are, you're eyes on on the Savior and that you are pointing your children to Him and that you are being an example of Him to them. I know that this also is your goal and I'm very proud of you both in that respect. You are great parents.
Love, Mom
PS: I know you didn't hate it here that much, because we had a LOT of fun! :>)
Post a Comment