We've been feeling pretty tired and not much like doing anything lately...(gee, I wonder why?).... but this past weekend we decided to get out of the house with the kids. Now, those of you who have kids know how difficult it is to find "fun" things to do with three small children and a newborn, and don't cost an arm and a leg.
On Saturday afternoon, we took the kids to this great little toy emporium, a great old fashioned toy store. They sell all kinds of classic toys (for the aforementioned "arm and a leg"), but the best part is that the kids can play with all the toys (for free) and they have a carousel in the store that they can ride (for .50 cents, which is a little more in our price range). Then we caught the St. Patrick's Day Parade ( I love small town parades) before we jetted over to Anne and Carl's, where we dropped off all four kids and took ourselves to our favorite place for some soup and salad. We grabbed a coffee, and picked up the kids. (Thankyou, Anne and Carl!) Then we put the kids to bed and Anne and Carl brought over some wine and we watched August Rush, which was a very sweet (while rather unrealistic) movie.
On Sunday we went to church, and then had "Wendy's Brunch" with Rich and Mimi. After which we headed to Cabella's and spent a couple of hours browsing and sight seeing. Sunday is usually "special movie night" with the kids so we rented a movie and vegged out for the rest of the evening.
Sound like a fun, exciting weekend?
Okay, so I'm not a movie reviewer, but we just watched Dan in Real Life and we thought it was one of the best ones we've seen lately. We love Steve Carell on The Office (the man is HILARIOUS), but haven't watched any of his other movie because they are usually too raunchy for us. But this was sweet, touching and yet funny. And fairly clean (rated PG-13). The script was sweet, the actors were believable and the soundtrack was perfect. I wish that actors like Carell would realize that they can be funny and successful without wasting their talents on sick jokes.
Manly
1 month ago
8 Comments:
Sounds like an awesome weekend. I love the simple things and the time with friends, I miss those days. You sure are a great blogger. Love the new touches, music... Wow! Maybe when I grow up I can be a great blogger like you:>) Love you all!
It's so good to have good friends and spending time together! Glad you are all happy back 'home'. :)
Ryan saw Dan in Real Life on one of his recent flights. He liked it. I have now added it to our blockbuster queue, so it too will soon show up on my monthly movie review!
Wow, it sounds like all of that happened so simply. I guess we probably shouldn't mention that the only way we made it to church was to have you put your makeup on in the car and get ready at the speed of light. Also....no coffee, which we know doesn't go over well in our house. I really was a great weekend though...the kind I can't stop talking about because it was sooooo much needed. Good therapy. "Dan in real life" clean? I don't really know about that. The sexual innuendoes flew abundantly, but over all, a great flick. I just don't ever desire to have teenage daughters that call me a "murderer of love" when I scare away the boys in their life.
Well, darling, I think I said "fairly" clean, but I WAS thinking about it in comparison to Steve Carell's other movies..... And I did point out that it is rated PG-13.
And I'm sorry, but you probably will be a "Murderer of Love"..... You do have two daughters...... :>P
I'm curious about that deleted comment. Anyhow, it sounds like a perfect weekend. We just watched Dan in Real Life too. And we really liked it! I thought it was a very cute movie. And, I would agree with your assessment of its being "fairly" clean!
yeah, that was me--- my computer posted twice!
sounds like fun...and i thought the Dan in Real Life was definitely one of the best movies of the year. An instant classic in my opinion.
Post a Comment