I can't believe Christmas and New Years have already come and gone! We had a lovely holiday, but I was not very good at remembering to take pictures. I can't believe Jerry and Jessica are leaving soon, and I've hardly taken any pictures while they've been here!
A few days before Christmas we had Grant and Liz, Darren and Mandy and George over for some fun and snacks. We played pictionary and we girls got beaten. Badly. In one game we didn't even make it off the "START" square. Embarrassing, really. I think the boys were cheating, however. It was a fun night, the kids played so well together and we all had a great time.
Christmas Eve was spent at Shannon and Marcus' house where we had a really nice day with a delicious dinner. Then on Christmas Day mom and Bill came over for Brunch. Coast Toast, as per our tradition. I'll post the recipe some time, it's really delish. Then we just relaxed until late afternoon when Shannon and Marcus came over and we ate leftovers and watched Horton Hears a Who and of course, It's a Wonderful Life to finish off the evening.
By popular request, here are a few of the pictures I have remembered to take.
Just a hint to those with boys-You can't go wrong with Tonka. Ever.

Have you ever seen a kid so happy about getting a pair of slippers? I am so proud of our kid's attitudes of gratefulness. They are truly "easy to please". Which comes in handy when a majority of their presents come from the Dollar Store!
Jaxson's "big" gift was a pair of inline skates. He's so excited to try them out! (Please ignore the half naked three year old in the photo.....)
And anyone who knows Ellie knows about her love of music and dancing. So her big gift was a Hello Kitty CD player for her room. She no longer has to borrow Jaxson's! Now she can listen to her music and Odyssey stories in her own room! Doesn't she look happy?


6 Comments:
yeah, We can get on the private blog! I wanted to make sure :)
I can't believe the snow you've gotten. Will the kids get a snow day from school? :) The pictures are unbelievable. Spokane has even been on the news here in DC because of the crazy weather.
It looks like you all had a great Christmas, I certainly missed all of you. I am glad the kids had so much fun. We love you all and hope to see you soon!
What BIG smiles from all the kids. Great picts.
They are such good chilren and so cute!!!
GG
Lani, your kids are so beautiful! I love reading your blog and hearing the stories and seeing the pictures! It looks like you guys had a great Christmas. I'll have to remember the idea of a non-party - I think we sort of had one of those but we called it a party. But it was fun nonetheless. :)
Happy New Year!!
Looks fun! Would of liked to come to the non-party, maybed next year.
I suddenly feel very...well...young because I listen to Odyssey Tails on our local CHristian radio station too. Man...
Glad you had a great Christmas :)
That's okay Nathaniel-- I've been listening to Odyssey since I was probably 8 years old- and I still love them!! :>P And now I love how my kids love them!
Post a Comment