Friday, December 17, 2010

Why the existence of this blog is completely pointless...

Allow me to give you a brief glimps into my everyday life.

It's 9 am.
Children A-E are up and about.
Child A is playing with legos.
Child B (the artist) is writing, drawing, cutting and pasting.
Children C-D have decided to get out every board game they own and scatter the contents of said board games across the length of the house.
Child E has messed her diaper and is hungry.
Children A-D are dressed, which means that 4 pairs of pj's are lying somewhere on the floor. (Side note: There are lovely hooks on all bedroom doors whose purpose is to house said pjs.) This also means that various clothing has, for absolutely no reason, been pulled out and discarded on the floor.
There are 5 beds to be made. (Side note: Children A-D are supposed to make their beds before exiting their rooms. Clearly they are very obedient children.)
Someone (most likely Child B) has taken a bath and left the bathroom a disaster.
Someone (most likely Child B) has taken all the clean laundry out of the drier and left it on the floor whilst searching for something to wear.
There are 5 clean loads of laundry to fold.
There are 5 dirtly loads of laundry to wash.
Children A-D are hungry and couldn't wait for breakfast, and therefore made themselves toast, leaving the kitchen a disaster.
There are various toys, diapers, blankets etc scattered throughout the house.
Daddy needs his lunch packed.
Mommy didn't sleep last night.
Mommy needs coffee.
Note: All of this occurs on a typical day. On a school day, please add to the above statements that the house must be cleaned, breakfast served, and school began by 8 AM. Therefore, I must rise long before the sun.

And that, my friends, is why the existence of this blog is completely pointless. Because I will never, ever have time to update it.
That is all.

PS. The only reason I had time to update today is because Children A-D spent the night at Grandma's last night. Thank you.

6 Comments:

KrizteeTrain said...

Have you ever seen the movie Multiplicity?

Shea said...

I am fairly certain I could cut and paste this onto my own blog and with the exception of one child needing to be omitted...ITS MY DAY TOO! Yeah...and we homeschool...are we CRAZY???? Good thing I know when we finally make it Idaho I will have someone who TOTALLY understands my day and why I often have this very strange, wild-eyed, smile permanantly attached to my face and can be found swaying regardless if there is a child on my hip or not. I LOVE YOU LANI!

Lani said...

Shea, Just have one more baby and we'll be twinsies! :D Come on- you know you want to!
I will look forward to you coming back this direction- it would be nice to know there was at least 1 other crazy, homeschooling, sleep deprived mama nearby!

C&N, No, I have not seen Multiplicity. But if it involves cloning I'm all in.

Melissa said...

Wow! Don't know how you do it but I do know you do it well. Your children are darling and investments you are making in them show!! Whenever you are up for posting. I'm definatly reading =)

Sarah said...

Lani, you make me laugh. And cry a little, since I think that might be my life in a few years the way we're going. The periodic glimpses I get of this mean your blog is NOT pointless. It is preparing me to evaluate seriously the idea of having more kids (except your kids are a good testimony to why we should even with the insanity it will bring - they are so precious)...

Lani said...

Thanks, Melissa and Sarah. That means a lot to me, it really does.
As crazy as my life sometimes is, and as frustrating as it can be, I honestly wouldn't change a thing. I love having a big family! It just means that priorities are different and things don't always get done when I'd like them to. Sometimes that's hard for my Type A personality to accept! :D